Monday, January 13, 2014

Hello!

     It's been a while and many changes in my life. I used to think my days of food blogging were over but even without blogging I still found myself wanting to share my recipes, cooking secrets and tricks that I had learned.

     I stopped posting mostly due to my own hang ups and my own self doubt and criticism. My photographs weren't "good enough", my recipes weren't creative enough, I am not a chef etc. etc. Basically all of the negative thoughts in my head kept me from hitting publish after writing an entry.

     I am still the same cook as I was; I haven't gone to culinary school or bought a better camera and I think that I can improve in many places. Their are many people that are much better at baking and cooking than me. But I've gotten to a place where I am okay sharing my growing pains and I am okay putting myself and my creations out on the internet. So without further ado let's get cooking again.

     Also I would like to give many thanks to the people that still visited this blog during my hiatus!

4 comments:

  1. welcome back Becky! Looking forward to your posts and recipes. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I hope you try my recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I have a hobby food blog in hiatus too and need to dust it off! I still have you in my reader and look forward to your upcoming posts. Inspire me to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! It's nice to get back in the saddle again, so to speak! Amy, once you get over the hump of the first post it's not so bad ;). Also let go of some of the perfectionism if you are anything like me. I'd spend hours mucking about with a post and then get frustrated and never post it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky,

    I just found your blog, and am riled by your comment that you'd given it up because of self criticism. What I'd like to do is figure out the technology, the way to heal ourselves, us, our sisters, our children, of exactly that nasty little defeater of lives. Anybody have suggestions? I want to get with other people about this in a fierce way.

    Glad you're back and you've not let that consume your life. That's a gift for every one who reads your work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete